The client’s huge data sets residing in widely distributed legacy systems resulted in the following issues:
- Lack of a customer master that was responsive and could be accessed across regions.
- Data access was a problem as different module systems needed to be accessed for proper data retrieval.
- Multiple touchpoints resulted in a higher probability of data corruption raising concerns regarding data reliability.
- The client needed to structure the ad-hoc IT systems which were error-prone, labor-intensive, and expensive to maintain.
- Lack of system integration that would help improve and provide visibility of operations and real-time analytics.