Last Updated: July 20, 2023
Accolite Digital LLC its affiliates and its related entities (individually and collectively, “Accolite,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respect your privacy. We provide this website privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) to describe how we collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process such data (including personal data) that we and our suppliers collect through our website (“Collected Information”) and our other websites on which this Privacy Notice is posted (“Websites” as well as the services made available through such Services and Apps (collectively referred to with the Services and Apps as the “Service(s)”). This Privacy Notice also describes your choices regarding the use of your Collected Information and how we communicate changes to this Privacy Notice.
Additionally, by accessing or using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We may collect, process, and store your personal data in the United States and other countries where our servers (or the servers of our service providers) reside. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. You hereby agree with and consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where we operate and where our service providers operate.
Table of Contents
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
- Information You Submit
- Other Information Collected
- How We Use and Share Collected Information
- Automated Processing
- Choices and Rights
- Additional Information for EEA Individuals
9. Additional Information for California Residents
10. Additional Information for Canadian Residents
11. Exercise Your Rights
12. Accuracy and Security
14. Third Party Websites
15. Cross Border Transfer
16. Contact Us
1. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time. All updates will be effective immediately upon posting of the updated Privacy Notice on the Service.
2. Information You Submit
You can visit the Service without submitting your personal information to us but you will be required to provide your personal information in order to use certain other tools and features of the Service. We will collect any personal information from or about you that you choose to provide to us, which may include, without limitation, your first and last name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and payment information. Any such information that you choose to submit will be collected by Accolite. We will use your personal information as described below in this Privacy Notice, including to set up and administer your account and to communicate with you.
If you provide a mobile or other telephone number to us, you consent to receiving text messages and telephone calls from us at that telephone number as described below, but only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
If you submit a resume, job application, or related materials or other information to us, we may use that information to evaluate your qualifications and consider or respond to your inquiry or application. Your submission of a resume, job application, or related information does not in any way require Accolite to review that information or consider you for employment. To view career opportunities at Accolite or to submit a job application, you may be redirected to an online career portal or website operated by a third party. We encourage you to review any terms and privacy policies posted on that third-party portal or website (if applicable).
Contact Form: Requests for Support or Information
To contact us for more information, quotes for our applicable products and services, or to request support via the Service, you will need to provide your contact information (e.g., your first and last name, email address, telephone number) as applicable, details of the products or services, the company you work for, and the subject matter in which you are interested.
If you sign up or otherwise opt in to receive blog updates, promotional or marketing communications, or other communications from us, you will need to provide your email address. We will use this information to send you Accolite updates and marketing and promotional, as well as other electronic communications. You may opt out of receiving updates and other emails from us at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the applicable email or by contacting us using the contact information provided below under “Contact Us.” Note that, even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from Accolite, you may still receive administrative communications from us with respect to your use of the Service. We may use third-party email providers to deliver these communications to you.
3. Other Information Collected
As you navigate and use the Service, certain information can be passively collected—that is, gathered without the user actively providing the information or being concurrently made aware of the collection of information—using various technologies. We passively collect a variety of types of information in a variety of ways, including:
IP Addresses and Related Data
The servers used to operate and provide the Service may collect data pertaining to you and the equipment, software, and communication methods you use to access the Internet and the Service, including Internet protocol (“IP”) addresses assigned to the computers and other devices from where you access the Internet, your Internet service provider (ISP), device ID numbers and unique identifiers, your media access control (MAC) address, your operating system, your computer screen resolution, your web browser type, the pages you access on the Service, the websites you access before and after visiting the Service, the length of time you spend on the Service, date and time stamps, clickstream data, your approximate geographic location, performance statistics, and usage data. Accolite may use this information to administer the Service and its servers, to generate statistical information, to monitor and analyze Service traffic and usage patterns, to monitor and help prevent fraud, to investigate complaints and violations of our policies, and to improve the Service.
We may combine this information with other Collected Information (including personal information) and information obtained from third parties for security reasons and to protect our rights or the rights of others. The suppliers that we use to provide the Service may collect information about your visits to the Service and other websites. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies as explained below under “Cookies and Tracking Technologies.”
Advertising Networks, Personalized Advertising, Remarketing, & Retargeting
From time to time the Service may use or participate in advertising networks and related advertising services that are managed and provided by third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors, and research firms, including, without limitation, Google Ads and Meta. These services collect information about your visits to and interactions with the Service and other websites and will use that information to target advertisements for goods and services and to display those advertisements on other websites. The information collected may be associated with your personal information.
Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of web browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of the Service and other websites, the location of your Internet service provider, the date and time of a visit to a website, and other interactions between you and a website.
Through Google Ads, Google uses your Internet searches, cookies, and similar identifiers (e.g., pixel tags) to collect information about your visits to the Service and your interaction with our products and services to generate targeted advertisements to you on other websites that you visit across the Internet.
We may also enable and implement the following Google Analytics Advertising Features on the Service: Remarketing with Analytics, Demographics and Interest reporting, Campaign Manager integration, Display & Video 360 integration, Google Display Network (“GDN”) Impression Reporting, and Segments. Remarketing with Analytics uses Google Analytics cookies to serve advertisements to you across the Internet based on your visits to the Service. Demographics and Interest reporting uses a third-party cookie to collect information about our Service traffic by tracking users across websites and across time, which generates a report for us to better understand Service users. Campaign Manager integration allow us to view, analyze, and create remarketing lists using our Campaign Manager data in Google Analytics. Display & Video 360 integration allows us to create remarketing lists in Google Analytics and have those lists available in Display & Video 360. GDN Impression Reporting allows us to measure the impact of unclicked GDN Display ad impressions on website behavior and conversions. Segments allows us to isolate and analyze subsets of Service users by sorting our Google Analytics data.
To opt out of remarketing advertising provided through Google, to customize your ad preferences, or to limit Google’s collection or use this information, visit Google’s Safety Center and Google’s Ad Settings and follow Google’s personalized ad opt-out instructions. Opting out will not affect your use of the Service.For certain Meta advertising services, Meta Ireland is a Joint Controller (as defined in the GDPR) and that information required under the GDPR related to such processing can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. We work with Meta and use their advertising services to measure and improve our ads and marketing efforts, as well as to display more relevant advertising to you. For further information on how Meta Ireland processes your personal information, including the legal basis, and the ways to exercise your rights, please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
To change your preferences with respect to certain online ads and to obtain more information about third-party ad networks and online behavioral advertising, please visit the National Advertising Initiative Consumer opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program. Please remember that changing your settings with individual web browsers or ad networks will not necessarily carry over to other browsers or ad networks. As a result, depending on the opt-outs you request, you may still see our ads from time to time. Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
Accolite is active on social media. You may have the opportunity to comment on those social media platforms regarding Accolite and the products we offer and/or to submit or upload related photographs and other materials. Accolite reserves the right to post on the Service, other websites, and social media pages any comments, photographs, or content that you post on our social media pages or provide to us through social media.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
The Service may use both cookies that we implement, and cookies implemented by our suppliers and other third parties. “First-party” cookies allow your browser to talk to the actual website that you are visiting, whereas “third-party” cookies allow your browser to talk to third-party websites, such as the source of an ad that appears on the website you are visiting or a third-party analytics provider. Additionally, a cookie can either be a “session” cookie or a “persistent” cookie. Session cookies exist only for so long as you are visiting the applicable website. Session cookies are typically deleted or removed when you exit or quit your browser application. Persistent cookies exist for a set period of time, for example, six months or one year. Each time you visit a website that has implemented a persistent cookie, that cookie will remain active until its predetermined expiration date.
The types of information collected by a cookie and the purposes for which that information is used depends on the type of cookie. By way of illustration, the types of cookies used, the types of information collected by those cookies, and the purposes for which that information are used are described below. We may combine information collected by cookies with other Collected Information.
- Operationally necessary cookies (also called essential cookies). These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Service. For example, these cookies are required to identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, and improve security. They also allow users of the Service to make use of its functions. Without these cookies, features and services you have requested will not be able to be provided.
- Functional cookies. These cookies allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using the Service. This may include to remembering choices you make, for example, remembering your preferences or settings, remembering if you reacted to something on or through the Service so that you are not asked to react to it again, remembering if you have used any feature of the Service before, remembering your username or preferences, remembering if you have used any feature of the Service before, restricting the number of times you are shown a particular advertisement, and enabling social media components. If functional cookies are disabled, various functions of the Service may be unavailable to you or may not work the way you want them to.
- Performance cookies (also called analytical cookies). These cookies assess the performance of the Service, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how visitors use and interact with the Service, for example, which pages on our websites users visit most often. These cookies also enable us to personalize content and remember your preferences. These cookies help us improve the way our websites work and provide a better, personalized user experience.
- Advertising or targeted cookies. These cookies record your visits to the Service, the pages you visit on our websites, and the links you have clicked. They gather information about your browsing habits and remember that you have visited a particular website. Accolite and its third-party advertising platforms or networks may use this information to make the Service and its content more relevant to your interests (this is sometimes called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising and is further discussed above). These cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. To find out more about interest-based ads and your choices, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Europe, http://www.allaboutcookies.org, and http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. Browsers generally also allow users to manage cookies in the browser’s settings. For example, a browser may allow you to reject cookies from certain websites, reject certain types of cookies regardless of the website, reject or disable all cookies from all websites, and/or delete cookies stored previously. Some browsers also give you the option of being notified every time a cookie is sent to your browser by a website. You can disable or limit cookies but doing so may impact your use and enjoyment of the Service and other websites. For example, the Service may not be able to be personalized for you, may no longer capture or remember your preferences or other choices you have made on the Service in the past, and may not remember your name or contact information. Changing your cookie preferences in one browser will not necessarily carry over to other browsers, so you may need to adjust your preferences each time you get a new computer, install a new browser, upgrade an existing browser, or alter or delete a browser’s cookie file.
The Service may also use the following types of tracking technologies: web beacons (also called clear GIFs), flash cookies, and pixels (also called pixel tags). Web beacons are tiny graphics with unique identifiers that functions similar to how cookies function but, in contrast to cookies, web beacons are embedded invisibly on websites. Flash cookies collect and store information about your use of a website and are commonly used for advertisements and videos. Pixel tags can be placed on websites or within emails to track your interactions with those websites and when emails are opened.
How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals
Due to the automatic collection of data using cookies as described above, we do not honor “do not track” requests. For this reason, your selection of the “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on our collection of information using cookies and other tracking technologies. However, residents of certain U.S. states may opt out by broadcasting an Opt-Out Preference Signal under applicable law, including the Global Privacy Control (GPC), depending on which browsers and/or browser extensions you use that may support such a signal. To look at extensions and browsers supporting the GPC browser signal, visit here: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/. Note that if you choose to use the GPC signal, you will need to turn it on for each supported browser or browser extension you use.
The Service incorporates content, including feeds, scripts embedded in the Services’ code, and visible content (e.g., videos), provided by third parties. In some cases, those third parties collect data about how you interact with their content. For example, Google Maps or YouTube.
Our Services may include Google Maps features and content. Google Maps features and content is subject to the then-current versions of Google Maps/Google Earth Additional Terms of Service at https://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.html and Google Privacy Notice at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
Our Services may use YouTube to make content in video format available to you. By accessing a part of the Services where videos are available, watching an embedded video, or otherwise interacting with any content made available through YouTube, you signify your agreement with YouTube’s terms and conditions. YouTube collects and otherwise has access to usage data (e.g., what videos you accessed and watched) through videos embedded in the Services as further described in YouTube’s Privacy Notice. YouTube adheres to Google’s privacy policies and principles, part of which allow you to control certain privacy settings and which data are collected. For more information, please visit https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubeworks/user-settings/privacy/.
Information from Other Sources
We may obtain data about Service users from various third-party companies and public sources, whether offline or online (such as publicly available social media profiles), and we may combine that data with Collected Information. This enhances our existing information about our users and customers and improves our ability to contact you and our marketing’s relevancy.
4 How We Use and Share Collected Information
In addition to, and consistent with, the uses and sharing described above, Accolite and its suppliers may use and disclose Collected Information as described below:
|We collect the following subcategories of personal information:
|We collect such personal information for the following purposes:
|Consistent with and in addition to the information set forth in the “Information You Submit” section above:
First and last name, date of birth, physical address, telephone number, cellphone number, country, email address.
|Performing and providing the Services to you, providing customer services, verifying user information, facilitating access to the Services.
Administering your account.
To communicate with you and send you information about our products or services, or to respond to your request for information or the Services.
To send promotional communications about us, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information
|Consistent with and in addition to the “Other Information Collected” section above:
IP addresses, log files, login information, and cookies and device information (e.g., online activity such as date and time of accessing our websites, website addresses accessed, the length of website visit).
|Analytical purposes, including, without limitation, to help us improve your access to the Services (for example, by remembering your contact and other information when you access or use the Services), to identify repeat visitors to the Services, to track how you access and use the Services, to learn when and how users visit the Services, to learn how popular Services pages are and aren’t, to learn which search terms are used to find the Services, to learn which websites direct you to the Services, to help display certain information on the Services, and to improve your enjoyment of the Services.
To target advertisements for goods and services and to display those advertisements on other websites.
To administer the Services and its servers, to generate statistical information, to monitor and analyze Services traffic and usage patterns, to monitor and help prevent fraud, to investigate complaints and violations of our policies, and to improve the Services.
|Physical address; work / business address, state, region.
|To communicate with you and send you information about our products or services, or to respond to your request for information or products and services.
To send you promotional communications about us and our Services, to the extent permitted by law.
|Professional or employment-related information
|First and last name, telephone number, cellphone number, country, email address, business contact information, including, but not limited to, job title, place of employment, business phone number, business address.
|Performing and providing the Services, including, without limitation, providing customer services, verifying user information, facilitating access to the Services.
Administering your account.
Communicating with users who have requested support, information, or Services.
To send you promotional communications about us and our Services, to the extent permitted by law.
In addition to and consistent with the purposes identified above, Accolite and our suppliers may use or disclose Collected Information for the following purposes:
- Sharing Collected Information with our Affiliates. Based on how you use the Services and the information that you provide to or request from us, we may share your name, contact information, and related Collected Information with our affiliated companies who have products or services that we think may be of interest to you. The data controller for any data submitted through our Services is Accolite Digital LLC (with an address as set forth in the “Contact Us” section of the Privacy Notice below) and, where relevant, our affiliate EduThrill, with an address at [Unit 705, Magnum Towers, Tower 1, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector 58, Gurugram, Haryana -12201. Our affiliated companies may contact you directly with respect to such products and services. You may opt out of receiving communications from any such affiliated company pursuant to that affiliate’s own policies. You may opt out of receiving communications from us by contacting us using the information below under “Contact Us.”
- Sharing with our Service Providers. We may disclose Collected Information to our suppliers and service providers as necessary for us to provide the Service and our products and services to you, to engage in the use and sharing of Collected Information as permitted by this Privacy Notice, and as may be otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. These third parties include, without limitation, our affiliates and related entities, website and software management and hosting suppliers, support service providers, third party payment processors, cloud storage providers, information technology security providers, marketing and public relations service providers, and email service suppliers.
- Text Messages. If you opt in to receiving text messages (including SMS) on the Service when prompted, we may send you text messages at the number you provide for marketing purposes and communications. You can opt out of the receipt of such communications by texting us STOP at the number you received such message from. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, please note that we may still send you messages to your physical address, email, or via text messages regarding your account, or for any Services you have requested or received from us (e.g., to notify you about the status of a purchase that you have made with us). Message and data rates may apply.
- Data Aggregation. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may aggregate personal information, user-generated content, and other Collected Information and use that aggregate data for our business purposes.
- Lawful Processes, Security & Protection of Rights. We may use and share Collected Information as required or permitted in accordance with subpoenas, court orders, valid law enforcement requests, governmental agency requests, and other legal processes. We may use Collected Information if we believe doing so is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- Business Transactions. If Accolite undergoes a change in control, acquisition, merger, reorganization, or asset sale (in whole or in part), we may transfer, sell, share, or otherwise disclose Collected Information to the subsequent owner(s) or successor(s) of those transactions. We may also disclose Collected Information in connection with the evaluation of those transactions.
- With Your Consent. With your consent, we may use and share your personal information and other Collected Information in ways not specifically described in this Privacy Notice.
Disclosures to Third Parties
Pursuant to and consistent with the purposes for collecting your information as set forth in this Privacy Notice we disclose certain categories of personal data to third parties for a business (or other) purpose. The categories of personal information we disclose include:
- Identifiers: including but not limited to name, telephone number, address, age, email address, or date of birth;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: including but not limited to computer and connection information, IP address, and cookies and other tracking technologies described further above; and
- Inferences: drawn from the above categories of personal information.
As described in this Privacy Notice above, applicable business purposes for such disclosures include, without limitation, product and service fulfillment, internal operations, prevention of fraud and other harm, and legal compliance.
The categories of third parties to which we may share the above categories of information, include, without limitation:
- Our affiliates and related entities;
- Third party service providers: including, but not limited to, , data analytics and advertising providers, job applicant and candidate recruiting and tracking service providers, fraud prevention providers, cloud storage providers, IT service providers, delivery partners, and marketing companies; and
- Law Enforcement
5 Automated Processing
Other than as described in this Privacy Notice, you will not be subject to decisions based on automated information processing without your prior consent.
Accolite will retain personal information for as long as it is needed for or otherwise serves the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, subject to applicable law. Further, personal information is retained in accordance with our policies and practices, applicable law, and contractual obligations.
Personal information collected for the purposes related to the performance of a contract or agreement between you and Accolite will be retained until such contract or agreement has been fully performed. We may be required to retain personal information for a longer period of time where required to do so under applicable law or government order.
7 Choices and Rights
Personal information is collected, stored, processed, and transmitted in accordance with our policies and applicable federal, state, local, and foreign laws, rule and regulations.
8 Additional Information for EEA Individuals
This section of the Privacy Notice applies to residents of countries or jurisdictions located in the European Economic Area, including, without limitation, the European Union and the United Kingdom.
To the extent the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation or other law granting particular rights to data subjects applies to you (including, without limitation, those located in the United Kingdom) and subject to all applicable exceptions and exemptions granted under such applicable laws, you may have the following rights with regard to our processing of your personal information:
- Right to Access, Correct and Delete Your Personal Information: We will use reasonable measures designed to ensure that all personal information is accurate and up to date. You also have a responsibility to ensure that changes in your personal information are notified to Accolite so we can ensure your personal information is up to date. You have the right to request access to any of your personal information that we hold and to request correction of any inaccurate personal information relating to you that we hold. You furthermore have the right to request deletion of personal information we hold about you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: In the event your personal information is processed on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time with effect for the future.
- Data Portability: To the extent that we use your personal information on the basis of consent or for the performance of a contract, and that personal information is processed by automatic means, you have the right to receive all such personal information about you from Accolite in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit it to another data controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to Restrict Personal Information Use and Right to Object: You have the right to restrict our use of your personal information where (i) you contest the accuracy of the personal information; (ii) the use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the personal information; (iii) we no longer need the personal information for the relevant purposes, but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to our personal information use justified on our legitimate interests pending verification as to whether Accolite has compelling interests to continue the relevant personal information use.
- Lodge a Complaint: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in your country of residence, if you consider that the collection and use of your personal information violates this Privacy Notice or applicable law.
Legal Bases We Rely on When Processing Personal Information
To the extent the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation or other similar law applies to you (including, without limitation, those located in the United Kingdom) and is applicable to Accolite, we process your personal information for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice under the following legal bases (as applicable):
- Our Contract With You: Our processing is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you or to perform steps requested by you prior to entering into a contract with you: (e.g., to verify the information you have provided to us).
- Our Legitimate Interests: Our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, including to protect the security of our services; to protect the health and safety of you or others; to establish, protect and defend our legal rights and interests; to prevent fraud and verify identity and authorization of clients; to understand and analyze usage trends; and to improve our products and services. Additionally, we have a legitimate interest in promoting our operations and goals as an organization and sending marketing communications for that purpose.
- Legal Compliance: Where our processing is required to comply with applicable law (for example, to maintain your payment transaction history for tax reporting purposes) e.g., in response to subpoenas, court orders and other lawful requests by regulators, courts and law enforcement agencies, or related to national security requests.
- Your Consent: When we have your express consent as defined by applicable law.
9 Additional Information for California Residents
The below section of this Privacy Notice only applies to California residents and such other persons as may be required under applicable law.
Consistent with the Privacy Notice above, we collect certain categories of personal data directly from you and, in some circumstances, third parties. The categories of sources that we collect personal data from in the prior 12 months includes the following:
- Accolite’s third party service providers;
- Third party job applicant and recruitment service providers;
- Webinar and related registration forms;
- Online advertising networks;
- Affiliated and related companies
- Third party websites and mobile applicable (e.g., websites that share information with us or our advertising partners);
- Social media companies;
- Our Services;
- Our Websites; and
- Your communications with us.
No Sensitive Personal Information.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information that would be considered “sensitive” under applicable law.
Applicable laws in your jurisdiction may grant you certain rights—subject to all applicable limitations, exemptions, or exceptions—regarding our collection and use of your personal information. These rights may include, to the extent applicable and to the extent granted under applicable law:
- The right to request the disclosure of (1) what personal information has been collected; (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collection or selling personal information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and (5) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you (e.g., data portability);
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information that we have collected;
- The right to request the correction of your personal information that we collected;
- The right to opt-out of targeted advertising and the sharing of personal information that is shared for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes;
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information;
- The right to not be discriminated against due to your exercise of your rights under applicable law. We do not discriminate against users for exercising the rights granted to them under applicable law.
The above rights are only exercisable by you where the applicable law grants you the right being exerted and where no exception or exemption under applicable law applies. You may also have a registered agent (if and only as permitted under applicable law) that you authorize to act on your behalf. If you have a registered agent act on your behalf, we have the right to authenticate such agent’s authority to act.
We do not sell your personal information as the term “sell” is commonly understood to require an exchange for money. However, please note that our use of advertising and analytics cookies and use of third party analytics and advertising providers (for example, Google and Meta) may be considered a “sale” or your personal information or a “share for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes” of your personal information as such concepts are defined under applicable data protection laws.
In the preceding 12 months, we have shared for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes Internet or other electronic network activity information and cookies / other online trackers as described in the Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies and the How We Use and Share Collected Information sections of this Privacy Notice, with recipients of such information including, for example, our advertising and marketing partners and data analytics providers. We shared such information for the purposes set forth in the Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies and the How We Use and Share Collected Information sections of this Privacy Notice.
Under applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to opt-out of our sale and sharing of personal information to third parties as described herein. You may exercise this right to opt-out by contacting us through the methods set forth in the “Exercise Your Rights” section below, or by clicking the “DO NOT SELL OR SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION” link. Please note that, if applicable, this is a limited opt-out that does not apply to information sold or shared prior to Accolite receiving your request.
We do not use your personal information to profile you in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or significantly similar effects (as may be defined under applicable law).
To exercise the rights described herein (only to the extent applicable), you may submit a verifiable request to us by through the methods set forth under the “Exercise Your Rights” section below.
10 Additional Information for Canadian Residents
The following section of this Privacy Notice only applies to Canadian residents. Under Canadian laws and regulations, you may have certain rights in regard to our collection of personal information (subject to all exemptions and exceptions, as applicable). These rights include:
- The right to request access to your personal information;
- The right to request corrections to your personal information; and
The above rights are only exercisable by you where applicable law in the jurisdiction in which you reside actually grant you the right being exerted.
11 Exercise Your Rights
If this Privacy Notice expressly stated above that you have certain rights or applicable law grants you certain rights as it relates to this Privacy Notice and Collected Information, you may submit a verifiable request to us by
Telephone: +1 888 993 8999
Visiting: Accolite, 6303, Cowboys Way, Suite 375, Frisco, TX 75034
Only you or a registered agent (if and only as permitted under applicable law) that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. If you have a registered agent act on your behalf, we have the right to authenticate such agent’s authority to act. Without limiting the foregoing, the verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will respond to your request within the applicable timeframe required under applicable law.
12 Accuracy and Security
Personal data you provide to us should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date.
We have in place reasonable and appropriate technical, physical, and organizational procedures and security measures designed to safeguard and secure personal information from unauthorized loss, alteration, access, disclosure, and processing, taking into account the cost of implementing such measures commensurate with the risks posed by the particular type of processing, the nature of the personal information, and in accordance with applicable law. We value your trust in providing us your information; however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable. We cannot guarantee the security of Collected Information.
We limit access to our systems that hold personal information to authorized personnel and such access is limited to those personnel who have a need to know such information for the purpose of performing their job function or as otherwise permitted under this Privacy Notice.
The Service is not directed at children under 16 years of age. Accolite does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 16 through the Service.
14 Third Party Websites
15 Cross Border Transfer
Due to the fact our business is international, we have centralized elements of our business and our processing of Collected Information, including, without limitation, personal information. Accordingly, where we are permitted to do so under applicable law, we may transfer your personal information outside of the nation where you reside. Where required by applicable law, your prior consent will be obtained for such transfers, or we have ensured that your personal information included in such a transfer is adequately protect through the use of contractual clauses or other adequate measures allowed under such applicable law.
16 Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our collection, use, or disclosure of information, please contact us via telephone at +1 888 993 8999, via mail at 6303 Cowboys Way, Suite 375 Frisco, Texas 75034, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.