Modernized Dispatch System with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Trimac is a bulk transportation company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and Houston, Texas, that operates across Canada and the continental US with a diverse fleet of tractors, trailers, customers, and drivers.
Due to a vast operating geography, dispatch teams manage a complex set of data points. Gathering real-time data from multiple external and internal sources (such as road conditions, traffic, and weather), layering that data over internal operational systems such as IoT and telematics was becoming unmanageable.
- To alleviate the burden on dispatchers, Trimac decided to gather relevant data points to suggest operational improvements through AWS’s public cloud offering. A key missing piece was who was going to act on these insights— specifically, which dispatcher would be best to react to the insight engines were churning out.
- Trimac wanted to create a web application and give dispatchers a configurable and personalized dashboard that presents timely insights and a reliable source of decision-making support.
Accolite leveraged Trimac’s pre-existing AWS microservices foundation to build out a responsive web application that modernized and increased the efficiency of the company’s entire trucking network.
Streamlined Dispatch Operations
The customized Dispatch Assist application is user- friendly, accessible, and intuitive. The application lets dispatch teams view detailed orders, asset locations, and alerts/reminders. All in a single place.
Real-time Drivers Notifications
New functionality generates messages to onboard devices so drivers can receive urgent notifications about weather, traffic, and other conditions.
Enhanced Dispatcher Experience
Modern technologies customized for dispatchers allows Trimac to attract and retain talent in the market.
Integrating Trimac team members into the process allowed for enabled knowledge transfer, co-creation, real-time user feedback, and opportunities for the development team to learn how to develop cloud solutions.
- Improved Efficiency – By reducing manual processes.
- Increased Accuracy – Through access to real-time data.
- Proved the Value – Of continuing to move to the cloud foundation.
- Utilized Existing AWS Cloud Services – Allowing for better utilization of existing frameworks and internal skillsets.
- Increased Safety – By facilitating instant communication between dispatcher and driver.
- Increased Visibility – Into critical alerts and warnings allows rapid response.
- Accolite/Trimac Team Integration – Sets up Trimac for further successful modernization efforts.
- Quick Service Delivery – Without compromising quality.
- Improved Performance – Optimization of initial systems build.
- Knowledge Sharing – Directed Trimac on application use and capabilities built in the cloud.
VP Information Technology at Trimac
Accolite understands building visuals and web apps that cater to its audience. Their team works hard to understand what the user needs and to build what the buyer wants. They enabled the Trimac team to focus on adoption and training in deployment of the application. Accolite’s clear knowledge-transfer protocols help our team to maintain the new application and continue expanding our company’s digitization initiatives.
Director of Integration at Trimac
With additional time savings, dispatchers can focus on engaging with Trimac’s drivers and increase interacting more with our customers. The Accolite team is great to work with and understands modernizing software. They created an innovative solution that answered our complex business challenges while paying close attention to the user experience. They’ve lived up to their reputation.
- Responsive and configurable web app that centralizes critical information
- Micro front ends that allow risk-free changes and updates
- Message functionality that improves driver safety
- AWS Aurora PostgreSQL
- UX Design enhances the experience
See more work
Modernizing City of Medicine Hat’s Citizen Portal with AWS
City of Medicine Hat launches digital services for citizens with Accolite and AWS