Serverless Dispatch System Powered by AWS Technologies
- A leading Calgary-based landscape supply provider BURNCO Landscape Centres Inc was faced with a growing business problem that created a need to hire dozens of customer service representatives and fill up a call center to address the onslaught of customers order-related inquiries.
- BURNCO Landscape Centres Inc engaged Accolite to propose a design for a new eCommerce and dispatch system.
Accolite proposed a solution that uses AWS Serverless technologies like Lambda, S3, SQS, and DynamoDB to implement a new dispatch system by leveraging a last-mile delivery subscription SaaS provider, OnFleet.
To break ground Accolite worked closely with BURNCO Landscape Centres Inc and implemented AWS Control Tower. Using AWS Cloudwatch Alerts and dashboards Accolite deployed an order entry and delivery monitoring solution. It helped automate the order entry into OnFleet, provide customers the real-time status of the order whereabouts, and allowed drivers to mark items as delivered.
Streamlined Operations Management
Full ownership of the production environment by the operational team in just 6 months and a substantial reduction to the size of the call center.
Enhanced Efficiency and Scalability
BURNCO Landscape Centres Inc was able to reduce its call center by 70% since the solution was deployed across all stores nationwide. Further efficiencies are expected next year as the new eCommerce Shopify solution built by Accolite is implemented in addition to the serverless dispatch system.
Reduction in the size of the call center following the solution deployment
Fewer order-related calls to the call center
- AWS Control Tower (security)
- AWS Cloudwatch Alerts
- AWS S3 & SQS
- AWS Lambda and DynamoDB (storage & integration)
- Implementation of OnFleet (SaaS offering)
- .NET Core
- API Gateway
See more work
Modernizing City of Medicine Hat’s Citizen Portal with AWS
City of Medicine Hat launches digital services for citizens with Accolite and AWS